Hello ladies!

My deepest apologies for not haven written to you in so long. I do have a good reason though. I had to have surgery and was out of commission for quite some time.

You remember last time, or rather my second to last article, when I had told you about my ectopic pregnancy, well this article will talk about my other, and most recent, adventure in a hospital.

So – as you can see from the image I selected with the pretty banged up Teddy Bear, I was down and out but I didn’t look half as cute as that cuddly bear.

hospital room

I had known for several years that I had ”the woman’s curse” – FIBROIDS!! But they had recently gotten out of hand and had decided to grow to new heights. I was informed by my doctor earlier this year that I’d have to get them removed. One was the size of a tangerine measuring 3 inches by 4 inches! WHATT!!! That’s HUGE! And that was only one. I had several. It was later confirmed that I had three large fibroids and four smaller ones. There were a few smaller ones but my doctor judge that wouldn’t wreak too much havoc and opted to leave them rather than try to cut them out and cause more harm than good.If you are going through something similar and need someone to talk to or have any questions for me on my recovery and whatnot, feel free to, feel free to

I was called into the hospital the day before the surgery to do some pre-op tests. I had to do some blood work, was explained by the nurse what would be taking place the following day and was given a sample cup to bring in a urine sample the day of the surgery.

Finally, the morning of the surgery came. I DID NOT WANT TO GO. This is a surgery I was dreading for a long time. Ever since my doctor had informed me that I needed to get these growths removed, I had been praying that somehow they would just magically disappear but that, of course, was not the case.

So I woke up, collected my urine sample that would later confirm that I was not pregnant and was clear for surgery. I got to the hospital bright and early. I made sure to leave all valuables at home as instructed. I also had not eaten since midnight. Not even a drop of water. I don’t mind being hungry but thirsty! Now that’s absolute torture.

After a bit of a wait, the time had come. They had called my name and it was time to go. I was asked to change into the hospital gown, removing Everything beforehand, and was then let to another smaller waiting room where I spoke with my doctor one last time before I was escorted to the Operating room.

Once in the OR, I was asked to lay down and an intravenous was injected into my arm. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the recovery room. Had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA when I had passed out.

I’m going to break this into two parts if not this is going to be way too long.

If you are going through something similar and need someone to talk to or have any questions for me on my recovery and whatnot, feel free to, feel free to send me a message or head on over to my contact page. I also invite you to take a look at my other articles if it’s your first time coming across my page. I’d really appreciate it if you left a comment or two. It would be beneficial to everyone to hear the perspective, wins and struggles of other ladies like yourself. I do hope to see you back here on this platform.  so that we can get a discussion going.

Till next time…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *